Elemental Fangs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire and Ice Quest

5 posters

Go down

Who's side are you on?

Fire and Ice Quest I_vote_lcap33%Fire and Ice Quest I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Fire and Ice Quest I_vote_lcap67%Fire and Ice Quest I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 6

Fire and Ice Quest Empty Fire and Ice Quest

Post by ShadoWolfozo Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:46 am

Hey, what are your thoughts on the quest?
Was it too hard, too easy, was finding the code too hard, do you still not know what it is?

How many of you have completed one side of it? How many have completed both sides?

Who's better, Ikir'tal or Kil'rok?
ShadoWolfozo
ShadoWolfozo
Admin

http://www.warriorwolves.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Fire and Ice Quest Empty Re: Fire and Ice Quest

Post by Leepyr Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:57 am

Honestly, I loved it, but I'm team Ikir'Tal. (Has considered making fanart) and I dunno why. Oh, yes. It's because he's flippin' awesome. And for that reason, I would like some more backstory on him and his dragons.
*is totally happy you made a topic about this*
Leepyr
Leepyr
Ex-Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadoWolfozo Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:33 am

Awesome!

And a background story for Ikir'tal and his tribe. Well, I didn't add it in the quest so I'll add it here. This is directly for the clans founding and such.

The Southern Water Dragon Tribe own a small area of territory that crosses over a large proportion of the ocean, down to the desert boundary, up near the Fire Dragons borders and back across the forest. Their camp is located near the ocean, their primary hunting grounds.

When the SWDT was first established, it was founded by a water dragon named Shi'karn and his brothers, Nim'til and Fen'gir. Upon wondering the shores of the eastern part of the island, they came across small groups of water dragons. They were not what he expected - fighting over fish and dens. He called them together, stating that this horrid behaviour was not acceptable of water dragons, and in a desperate attempt to unite them, he suggested they form a tribe, like their neighbours, the Fire Dragons had already done years ago. At first, they were curious, but didn't support the idea, and it took several weeks to unite them all. Shi'karn, a priest-like dragon was named leader, and led them in harmony to both nature and themselves, learning to follow the signs of the Ancients and worship them.

His brothers however, did not support the Ancients as gods, like he did and so the tribe was split in two. One group supported Shi'karn's views, while the other larger group, followed Nim'til and Fen'gir, as free dragons that did as they willed. Of course this led to violence, and violence led to death. Nim'til was angered that the leadership of the sub-tribe was divided by his brother, and wished more power over their half of the tribe. Fen'gir refused to step down, arguing it was by fair right they shared leadership, and that when Fen'gir leaves this world, Nim'til will have full control. However, Nim'til, far younger than his brother, did not have the patience to wait another 800 years for Fen'gir to die and wanted power now.

During the night, while the brothers slept, Nim'til woke, glaring at his brother's sleeping form. Lowering his head, and snapped onto his brothers neck and took his life before Fen'gir could shout and stop him, but Nim'til was caught, Shi'karn and two of his followers had entered the den to propose a union, but found a horrible scene. Shi'karn's followers accused Nim'til of murder, and the whol tribe awoke to the sounds of shouting, and discovered what had happened. Nim'til claimed that Fen'gir was becoming untrustworthy and dangerous, but everyone knew the truth. In blind rage, Nim'til attacked Shi'karn, but was swamped by his followers, and killed.

Over the course of 14 generations, the two tribes united again, but with the different beliefs, dragons developing longer hind legs and short necks, standing on two instead of all four, and evolving into far more intellegent dragons. The Ancients existed, but not everyone followed them. Shi'karn had been the ancestor of Ikir'tal, the current leader, and Ikir'tal carries with him the wisdom of the tribes past and his ancestor's words. Unlike Shi'karn however, Ikir'tal is a simple leader like his father, not a priest. He believes the Ancients are real, but also questions many things and thus united the differences between the clan. Although the SWDT prefers peace than fighting and would rather give up land than see half of it's tribe murdered, like it's leader they do believe fighting will save them, in the everlasting war against the Fire Tribe.

But the story of the Three Brothers is still told to younglings, to teach them what hatred and fury does.
ShadoWolfozo
ShadoWolfozo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PTGigi Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I choose both sides (playing from the middle >:3) but I can only select one option so I'm not voting XD

I think Ikir'tal is cooler though :3

One thing eludes me XD You mentioned somewhere (MA I think) that the Lightning and Earth(?) eggs were gotten the same way as the Water and Fire yet I did the quest several times and never found either of those eggs D: Unless I'm being stupid and completely misinterpreted what you said XD
PTGigi
PTGigi
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoroark Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:40 pm

I chose both sides c: but i chose Ikir'tal first.
Zoroark
Zoroark
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Leepyr Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:33 pm

xD I just found out

Unfortunately, can't say :X

really wants to say something, but probably would give it away

Last edited by Leepyr on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to edit the BBcode for Strike)
Leepyr
Leepyr
Ex-Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadoWolfozo Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:12 am

PTGigi wrote:I choose both sides (playing from the middle >:3) but I can only select one option so I'm not voting XD

I think Ikir'tal is cooler though :3

One thing eludes me XD You mentioned somewhere (MA I think) that the Lightning and Earth(?) eggs were gotten the same way as the Water and Fire yet I did the quest several times and never found either of those eggs D: Unless I'm being stupid and completely misinterpreted what you said XD

By completing the quest on Kil'rok's side, you get the code for both Fire and Earth dragons.
By beating the quest with Ikir'tal you get the code for Lightning and Water dragons.

Hey, how do you guys pronounce their names?
I pronounce them:
Kil'rok
Kill-rock

Ikir'tal
I-kur-tall

Its not like there's voice in the quest so it doesnt matter, there isnt really a right or wrong, I'm just curious.
Ikir'tal was originally
ick-cur-taal

Edit: i should probably mention that your dragon adoptables do not have a forth stage yet (to stand on two like Kil'rok or Ikir'tal). Eventually they will, but I'm just stating that now so you're not confused when your dragon has 500 clicks and hasnt evolved further.

Oh yeh - dragons are one of the slowest growing adoptabls on EF. Kraal on the other hand, are the fastest.

See the EF guide on the adoptable website for more info about the adoptables. I recently put it up Smile
ShadoWolfozo
ShadoWolfozo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChibiKawaii Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:49 pm

I voted for Ikir'tal and pronounce it like:

Ick-cur-tahl

I don't pronounce it like "tall", but "tahl" Very Happy

I also pronounce Kil'rock the same way you do :3
ChibiKawaii
ChibiKawaii
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadoWolfozo Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeh, that's what I keep pronouncing it as.... I've said I-kur-tall a few times, but I always go back to ick-kur-tahl. haha
ShadoWolfozo
ShadoWolfozo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down